I am a J2EE developer. I have a new chance of working with J2ME. Can I switch over to J2ME technology? If I do, will my career develop?
Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) is targeted for consumer devices and embedded devices. The J2ME APIs are essentially a modified subset of the Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE).
J2ME is embodied in configurations which define Java functionality for particular devices. So far, two configurations have been defined:
- The Connected Device Configuration for larger devices
- The Connected Limited Device Configuration for smaller devices
CLDC-based profiles include:
- The Mobile Information Device Profile
- The Personal Digital Assistant Profile
- The Foundation Profile
- The Personal Basis Profile
- The Personal Profile
Dig Deeper on Topics Archive
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.