• November 24, 2008 24 Nov'08

    SOA: What do you know?

    You know a thing or two about SOA and enterprise architecture. You've read the latest news about SOA and now it's time to find out how much you know. Take this interactive quiz and be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card.  Continue Reading

  • November 24, 2008 24 Nov'08

    BPM modeling tools said to boost business analyst abilities

    Business process modeling tools have improved to the point where business analysts can play a major role in Business Process Management initiatives, said Forrester's Ken Vollmer. Still, developers play a role too. Vollmer discussed this and other ...  Continue Reading

  • November 20, 2008 20 Nov'08

    What is new in JDBC 4.0?

    JDBC is fairly well understood, and JDBC updates do not come along everyday. But there has been an upgrade to JDBC 4.0 in the Java DB driver camp. It takes a while for new features to wend through standards, through the DB vendor community and so on.  Continue Reading

  • November 19, 2008 19 Nov'08

    BPM adoption hits 56% in latest survey

    Business process management is already implemented in 56 percent of IT organizations, according to survey results released today by AIIM Research. And the remaining 44 percent of those surveyed are ...  Continue Reading

  • November 19, 2008 19 Nov'08

    CA adds federated security to fight growing threats to SOA

    CA disclosed security survey results as it announced a new CA Federation Manager for SOA at CA World in Las Vegas this week. There, company head John Swainson listed SOA among a host of 'disruptive' technologies.  Continue Reading

  • November 18, 2008 18 Nov'08

    Let’s look behind those SOA implementation numbers!

    There was a sky-is-falling frenzy in the blogosphere of late in reaction to a Gartner press release headlined: "Number of Organizations Planning to Adopt SOA for the First Time Is Falling ...  Continue Reading

  • November 17, 2008 17 Nov'08

    Policy and contract focused architecture

    Perhaps architects are paying too much attention to the services when they work on service-oriented architecture implementation, writes Neil Ward-Dutton. He suggests that they might focus on ...  Continue Reading