"Getting there is half the fun." - Greyhound Bus slogan, circa 1945.
How to take the quiz:
After reading the question, click on the answer that you think is correct to go to the whatis.com definition. If the answer you've chosen is correct, you will see the question text or an approximation of it somewhere in the definition.
After reading the question, write down the letter of your answer choice on scrap paper. Check your answers by using the answer key at the end of the quiz.
2. When you get connected to the Internet with a modem, the exchange of information between your modem and the modem at the other end and the resulting agreement about which protocol to use is called:
c. bit stuffing
e. modem doubling
6. A technology that puts data from different sources together on an optical fiber, with each signal carried on its own separate light wavelength is called:
a. dense wavelength division multiplexing
b. frequency-division multiplexing
c. Data Space Transfer Protocol
d. helical scan
e. laser diode
7. To learn the path that your requests for Web pages or other files are taking to get to a specific Web site or other Internet location, use:
a. one-armed router
c. Multiprotocol Label Switching
e. online analytical processing
8. Solutions for a major remaining challenge to high-bandwidth applications such as on-demand television, fast Internet access, and Web pages full of multimedia effects are known as:
a. Doppler effect
b. fast packet technology
c. last-mile technology
d. load balancing
e. fiber to the curb
10. The standard reference model for the events that happen in getting a message from one end user to another in a network is called:
a. Distributed Computing Environment
b. Intelligent Network
c. Signal Computing System Architecture
d. Open Systems Interconnection
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWER KEY
To learn more, we recommend you visit our XML Messaging section on searchMiddleware.
To learn more, we recommend you visit our Java Messaging section on searchMiddleware.
To learn more, we recommend you visit our Messaging Middleware section on searchMiddleware.
For more networking terms and resources, we recommend you start at searchNetworking.com, a member of our techtarget.com community.
Be sure to try these other quizzes:
Quiz #1: Help Desk Basics
Quiz #2: Security Basics
Quiz #3: Data Storage
Quiz #4: Networking Hardware
Quiz #5: Getting Your Message Across the Network (you're on this quiz now)
Quiz #6: Servers
Quiz #7: Protocols
Quiz #8: Database Basics
Quiz #9: Wireless
Quiz #10: TCP/IP
Quiz #11: Ego-Booster
Quiz #12: Database II
Quiz #13: AS/400
ANSWER KEY:1a - 2b - 3d - 4e - 5b - 6a - 7b - 8c - 9c - 10d
Let us know how you did and suggest a topic for a future quiz! [email protected]