August 2002 [ Go back to The Month in Review main page ]
August was originally called Sextilis (and just in case your mind is wandering, it's from the word sextus, meaning "six"). Later the name of this month was changed to honor the Roman emperor Augustus. We can't name a month after you, but we can gather great Web services content and put it all on this page -- just for you. So page down, dig in and enjoy.
Receive this great content right in your inbox. Simply Edit your Profile to subscribe to as much -- or as little -- as you wish.
The three steps to Web service integration (August 1, 2002)
Web services can reduce risk (August 1, 2002)
Design patterns and XML (August 1, 2002)
Assessing your ROI (August 2, 2002)
The Mind Electric connects with developers, looks ahead to grids (August 5, 2002)
Enterprise management: A new paradigm emerges (August 5, 2002)
Control IDs in C++ .NET (August 6, 2002)
IBM challenges Oracle with DB2 Version 8 (August 7, 2002)
Featured Topic: Return on Investment (ROI) (August 7, 2002)
IBM's i890 consolidates data, eyes Unix market (August 8, 2002)
Peer practice makes perfect (August 9, 2002)
What you need to know about Sun's Web services roadmap (August 13, 2002)
UDDI for the enterprise: Version 3 is a big step forward (August 13, 2002)
Featured Topic: Developing Web services with WSAD (August 13, 2002)
XML and security (August 14, 2002)
Grand Central strives to keep Web services on track (August 14, 2002)
Weather Channel forecasts improved storage system (August 14, 2002)
Vultus offers a window to Web services (August 16, 2002)
CRM integration: Can Web services help? (August 19, 2002)
ADO.NET defined (August 20, 2002)
All you ever wanted to know about IP and it's history (August 20, 2002)
Cognos does the Web services shuffle (August 20, 2002)
Steel company builds sturdy archive infrastructure (August 20, 2002)
Microsoft award winner: .NET proves its value (August 21, 2002)
Analyst Spotlight: Hurwitz Group (August 22, 2002)
And then there was TCP/IP (August 22, 2002)
A higher-level look at systems management (August 22, 2002)
Get the service and support you need from software vendors (August 23, 2002)
Quick Takes: Basex report lauds Web services ROI (August 26, 2002)
What's in a name? (August 26, 2002)
Sun versus Microsoft (August 27, 2002)
IP Addresses (and misaddresses) (August 27, 2002)
Implementing XML security (August 28, 2002)
A breath of fresh air for application users (August 28, 2002)
Microsoft guru: Clock is ticking on Web services (August 29, 2002)
ROI--There, I said it (August 29, 2002)
Analyst Spotlight: ZapThink (August 29, 2002)
Staying legal -- Internet and local addresses (August 30, 2002)
Don't forget to check out these other great SearchWebServices.com resources:
- Looking for free research? Browse our comprehensive White Papers section by topic, author or keyword.
- Are you tired of technospeak? The Web Services Advisor column uses plain talk and avoids the hype.
- For insightful opinion and commentary from today's industry leaders, read our Guest Commentary columns.
- Hey Codeheads! Start benefiting from these time-saving XML Developer Tips and .NET Developer Tips.
- Visit our huge Best Web Links for Web Services collection for the freshest editor-selected resources.
- Visit Ask the Experts for answers to your Web services, SOAP, WSDL, XML, .NET, Java and EAI questions.
- Couldn't attend one of our Webcasts? Don't miss out. Visit our archive to watch at your own convenience.
- Choking on the alphabet soup of industry acronyms? Visit our helpful Glossary for the latest lingo.
- Discuss these articles, voice your opinion or talk with your peers in the SearchWebServices Discussion Forums.