Software AG Inc., the Reston, Va.-based division of Germany's Software AG, has released a new XML gateway that it says will allow data from Software AG's Adabas database system to be published using Web services.
The company said its EntireX XML Gateway product, which was announced at this week's Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2003, uses a five-step process:
- Generate: A wizard facilitates selection of Adabas fields, files and data access methods and automatically generates the Web service according to the WSDL (Web Services Description Language) standard.
- Deploy: An administration console enables deployment of the Web service to an application server, and creates registration entries to make the Web service available to be called by authorized users.
- Invoke: A Web service enabled application locates the appropriate registration entries and then calls the Web service over the Internet using a SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) request.
- Execute: The Web service retrieves the pre-specified data from Adabas and returns the data to the requesting application via SOAP in the form of an XML document.
- Administer: The administration console supports the deployment, removal, testing and monitoring of the generated Web services.